POSITION : Senior Manager, Facilities Management
LOCATION : Penang, Malaysia
INDUSTRY : Electronics Manufacturing Services
The primary role of this position is to supervise construction projects at Penang from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed with good quality, within time and budgetary constraints.
Other roles include management and provide leadership to site Facilities team to maintain and upkeep of buildings in Penang and facilities systems, such as, LT & HT equipment, power transformer, generator, HVAC, building services and all other related electrical and mechanical installation and plumbing system. Monitor and implement routine maintenance for facilities equipment and related services. Provide technical support in terms of utilities set up for production operation. Conduct monthly electrical energy management meeting.
The incumbent will cover management of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) System such as understanding and compliance to the requirement of ISO 14000 and OHSAS 18001 in VES; ensure legislative compliance to DOSH, DOE, Bomba and other local legal authority regulations and requirement and oversee the EHS program for the site.
Construction Project Management
- Control the time, cost and quality of construction projects.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process, including hiring contractors and working with engineers, architects and vendors.
- Oversee an entire construction project with the help from Architect, MEP designers and General Contractor.
- Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines.
- Negotiate contracts with architects, vendors, contractors and other workers.
- Secure of building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites also might be issues that must be addressed initially.
- Review and discuss with supervisors or other managers to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
- Resolve problems that arise due to weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays.
- Monitor and oversee preventive maintenance implementation for major facilities equipment and related service.
- Liaison to local utilities department on electrical supply and installation and related matters.
- Supervise in maintenance and upkeep of building structure.
- Plan and set up utilities for new production operation or relocation of production line.
- Monitor and manage electrical and water utilization.
- Ensure all the tasks in accordance to safety and environmental requirement and in compliance with legal requirement.
- Conduct and lead monthly electrical energy saving management meeting with all the departments.
- Take on additional tasks assigned by the Management from time to time.
Environment, Safety and Health
- Advise GM, VES on the measures to be taken in the interest of the Environmental & Occupational Safety & Health of VES’s employees.
- Lead the Environment Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Occupational Safety & Health Committee and conduct quarterly committee meeting and publish report.
- Manage VES’s Scheduled Wastes Management Systems in accordance to the compliance with Environmental Quality (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations 2005.
- Chair Environmental Performance Monitoring Committee Monthly Meeting for the monitoring of the performance of VES’s Sewage and Scheduled Wastes Management Systems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field, such as building science, construction management or engineering with at least 5 years experience in green field construction project.
- Preferably possess BO-1 up to 33KV certificate by Suruhanjaya Tenaga with at least 10 years experience in plant equipment maintenance.
- A important pre-requisite : More than 5-10 years of project management experiences for real estate and facilities maintenance and management in manufacturing-skewed environment and also in new building /factory construction, across multiple countries.
- ESH background is an added advantage.
- Possess knowledge and hands-on experience in ensuring the site facility or construction teams comply with all regulatory (fire, ISO9001, FDA, pollution control) and internal requirements for the building or facility.
- Knowledge and experienced in facility aspects related to air handling, water processes, compressed air, utility sources and EHS issues regarding hazardous waste, air quality, water discharge, emergency response, fire authority and regulatory reporting, permits and documentation.
- Preferably in possession with Fire Safety Manager certificate, safety officer certificate, chemical handling license, etc.
JOB RELATED SKILLS
- Strong finance, modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker and pro-active, highly self-motivated.
- Highly competent in project management leadership and organising skills.
- Proven track records to manage multiple projects under tight timeline and meet objectives.
- Excellent negotiation and people/team management skills.
- Able to work independently and communicate with different levels of stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Keen reading of the market trends and having a foresight of the evolving market trends concerning building/facility management and trend development.