Position : Head of Materials
Location : Singapore
Our Client is a leader in Electronics Manufacturing Services
To lead the materials & logistics function and manage the business-wide material planning activities by working closely with Operations, Logistics and Businesses to optimize inventory across the supply chain consistent with customer service and “lowest cost supplier” objectives.
To ensure customer satisfaction and effective inventory management by providing appropriate leadership in the areas of material planning and inventory control.
Materials Management / Purchasing
- Assign duties to Purchasing Personnel and Materials Planning.
- Responsible for planning, materials analysis and purchasing to support production requirement.
- Review vendor performance in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Ensure all personnel follow the operating procedures, QMS and EMS.
- Ensure that materials purchased price are not higher than the quoted prices and within the minimum MOQ (minimum order quantity) that has been quoted to the customer.
Logistics & Warehouse Management
- Responsible for Warehouse operations and ensure that Operations are effective in the supply of materials to Operation, FIFO practices etc.
- Ensure security and safety of the warehouse and compliance with regulatory requirements, e.g. FTA, C-TPAT, ISO in the warehouse as well as good housekeeping.
- Accountable for inventory accuracy, discrepancies are resolved and corrective and preventive actions implemented.
- Establish operational indices and ensure all key suppliers are clearly aware of these needs and operate to meet our needs.
- Implement Lean practices in Warehouse operations to maximize warehouse space, utilisation & efficiency.
- Ensure Logistics operations are effective in the clearance of cargo to meet revenue needs.
- Review & analyze freight spend, KPI and work with GSBM in the alignment of agreement with suppliers to meet economic transportation model.
- Identify and establish 3PL Warehouse to support Operations, this is a strategy that will directed by Site GM.
- Ensure compliance to import & export regulations for all shipment from/to different countries where logistic movements are required.
- Lead and drive changes to Warehouse/Logistics procedures and work flow to improve overall operational efficiency, ensure all procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to.
- Responsible for leading and managing the materials planning team in materials planning and review the materials gating report and materials E&O listing.
- Working closely with Purchasing manager to ensure that materials are available (timely delivery of materials) for the forecasted orders that has been planned by the Production Planner/Program/BU manager to meet customer delivery requirements
- Maintain in proper inventory control for raw materials at stockroom and WIP (Work-in-process).
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Approve the purchase requisition, purchase orders and order change.
- Review and approve the material sourced quotation cost, production and master schedule.
- Creating of purchase orders.
- Degree in Engineering or Materials Management or related discipline.
- More than 10 years experience in a Senior Supply Chain role with Materials Management, Inventory Management and/or purchasing in manufacturing environment
- Well-versed in the purchase of plastics, precision metal parts and electronics components as well as related vendor base for Life Science and Medical device.
- Materials planning as well as inventory & logistics management experience, especially in JIT/VMI requirements is a must
- Purchasing experience in IC and passive components will be an added advantage
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills are essential
- Working knowledge and proficiency in ERP/MRP systems; SAP is a must
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Proven leadership to overcome roadblocks to drive changes.
- Ability to challenge status quo & think out-of-box.
- Disciplined, action-oriented and organized in thought process.
- High EQ in managing quality crisis and good people skill to influence cross-functional members
- Ability to organize, schedule, control cost to maximize the efficiency and problem solving.
- Ability to build good working relationships with key suppliers to ensure good AOS (Assurance of Supply) of the purchased parts.
- Analytical and assertive negotiators for materials, with the ability to cope with rapidly changing forecast requirements of materials.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication, team player and with positive working attitude.