Position : Director, Group Facilities Management
Location : Singapore
This is a newly created role with a core focus to provide a corporate policy and management system to manage all of the company’s faciliities across the world. The incumbent is responsible for recommending strategies and executing the agreed plans to make consistent the Corporate image and enhance the productivity, efficiency and reliability of our facilities.
This role may also participate in projects concerning the valuation, optimizing utilisation of land, buildings and factory facilities.
All the site Facilities managers will report into this role, while reporting to their respective site GMs.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / AUTHORIZATION LEVEL
Faciltiies & Projects Management:-
- Responsible for developing, updating, deploying, enforcing and auditing Corporate Facilities Management policies, standards, practices and management systems (preventive and predictive maintenance, processes, controls, service level and measurements, etc.) to guide the leadership of every site to ensure their facilities are maintained in accordance with the approved guidelines and local regulations.
- Responsible for collating and sharing of best-practices to all sites concerning facitliies operations, cost and efficiency improvement etc. to promote the attitude and actions of relentless pursuit of excellence in making continuous improvement in productivity, reliability and cost, etc. of our facilities.
- Responsible for managing or having an oversight on key/impactful projects such as new construction, renovations, refurbishment and maintenance of company’s facilities.
- Responsible for project management from sourcing, bidding strategies and execution, financial analysis, construction project management , contractor tender and ensuring timely approvals from all relevant authorities, etc.
- Partner and engage with BU & site leadership to raise the capability of facilities personnel.
- Work in consultation with the CEO or his designate to provide corporate policy and guidance to all site leadership and facilities leaders on maintaining and projecting the required Corporate image through the facets of building, landscape, fixtures and amenities, etc. within a sustainable cost management roadmap.
Estate Value Creation:-
- Review and recommend strategies / plans to enhance the valuation of real estate and facilities owned by the company, in tandem with the future needs and the evolving situations in real estate and facilities market, through effective networking and partnering with external advisors to effectively leverage on their services and expertise.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Building, Real Estate or Property Management or its equivalent with >10-15 or more years of relevant experience. MBA will be a plus.
- A important pre-requisite : More than 5-10 years of project management experiences for real estate and facilities maintenance and management in manufacturing-skewed environment and also in new building / factory construction, across multiple countries.
- Possess knowledge and hands-on experience in ensuring the site facility or construction teams comply with all regulatory (fire, ISO9001, FDA, pollution control) and internal requirements for the building or facility.
- Knowledge and experienced in facility aspects related to air handling, water processes, compressed air, utility sources and EHS issues regarding hazardous waste, air quality, water discharge, emergency response, fire authority and regulatory reporting, permits and documentation.
- Preferably in possession with Fire Safety Manager certificate, safety officer certificate, chemical handling license, etc.
- Strong finance, modeling, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinker and pro-active, highly self-motivated.
- Highly competent in project management leadership and organising skills.
- Proven track records to manage multiple projects under tight timeline and meet objectives.
- Excellent negotiation and people/team management skills.
- Able to work independently and commuicate with different levels of stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Keen reading of the market trends and having a foresight of the evolving market trends concerning building/facility management and trend development.