Position : Business Development Manager
Location : Shanghai, China
Industry : Electronics Manufacturing Services
This is a newly created position designed to participate actively to the growth & profitability objectives of the company business with special focus in China, APAC and Europe. The primary responsibility is to develop, execute and manage the company’s strategy and value proposition for channel development activities in China and help achieve the company’s aggressive growth plans. Formulate channel development strategy with the aim of increasing revenues for our products. Build and develop partnerships to drive the company’s strategy and revenues goals. The main focus region includes China, Asia Pacific and Europe. This includes strengthening the solutions teams in the area of business development, seeking expansion of present customer base with primary objectives of introducing product & solutions concepts with the resultant result of building the Company’s technological capability to a higher platform of the solution businesses.
- Build and develop partnerships, to drive the company’s vision, strategy and revenues. The role will require the incumbent to:
- Have deep understanding China economic development plan and ride on the wave to develop business opportunities
- Draft China for China business strategy to tackle multiple growing domain for new business development
- Build a robust channel network in targeted industries
- Actively visit existing customers for organic business growth as well as potential customers for new business development
- Foster relationships with other channel, alliance and technology partners to improve traction in revenues
- Ensure the highest standards of integrity in all of the company’s business dealings with customers and partners
- Work with R&D Senior Management team & other functional groups, in their “domain” field to :
- Map out the solutions business development strategies
- Identify key product & new applications/solutions
- Identify new opportunities in terms of solutions or products to support site GM for annual sales growth target
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Engineering or Commercial Disciplines, preferably with MBA degree.
- Familiarity with China economic master development plan and strong sense about China economic development road map.
- Strong network and working relationship with ODM & OEM in China
- Familiarity with global industry domains e.g. 5G telecom, Medical & Life Science, E-Car, Aviation, AI and Data Center etc.
- Successful experience in developing large business scale in excess of $100mil past 10 years.
- Understand the eco systems from product development, market segments, sales channels, end users requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of ODM Sales Channels to OEMS
- Business development experience in China is a must, APAC and Europe experience will be a plus.
- Strong understanding of product life cycle through the channel network.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage channel partners to identify opportunities, do joint account planning and strategy and increase effectiveness.
- Professionalism, strong communication skills, customer focused and systemic thinking.
- Willing to travel in China or APAC frequently